Snapper ala Ligure by Agua
Remember this gorgeous fish dish from Tuesday?
Well! Chef Marc over at Agua is sharing that with us today for our weekly Taste of Cayman recipe feature. Woo hoo!
For the Snapper ala Ligure (per Portion):
You will need:
1 big Potato
1 fresh local snapper fillet
2 slicing tomatoes
hand full olives
2 Table spoon tomato sauce
1 table spoon capers
1 table spoon roasted pine nuts
salt, pepper, crystal sugar
extra virgin olive oil
Additional : fennel thin sliced and arugula
- peel and cut the potato in quarter inch slices, put in a frying pan, add olive oil and seasoning and roast until golden brown on the outside and cooked through
- Dice tomatoes into half inch cubes, heat up some olive oil in a frying pan and add raw tomatoes.
- Toss a couple of times then add olives, capers, oregano and tomato sauce.
- Top off with some white wine and let the sauce reduce for a while until it becomes a compact sauce and does not seem watery
- To taste: add salt, pepper and always a little bit of sugar when you work with tomatoes
- In a frying pan with olive oil , season the fish well with salt pepper and a dash of lemon juice and put skin side down in the hot pan until the filet is cooked half way
- Then add some thyme and finish the fish in the oven
For the plate :
- Layer up the golden brown potato slices in a circle, put the sauce on top (should be more like a jam than a sauce meaning it should stay nicely in the middle of the circle )
- Put the snapper fillet on top of the sauce an use the fennel and arugula to make a little salad to put on top of the fish – looks nice for the eye and also gives a nice fresh taste to it!
This year’s Taste of Cayman, hosted by the Cayman Islands Tourism Association, is January 26th at Camana Bay.