Snapper ala Ligure by Agua
Remember this gorgeous fish dish from Tuesday?
For the Snapper ala Ligure (per Portion):
You will need:
1 big Potato
1 fresh local snapper fillet
2 slicing tomatoes
hand full olives
2 Table spoon tomato sauce
1 table spoon capers
1 table spoon roasted pine nuts
salt, pepper, crystal sugar
extra virgin olive oil
Additional : fennel thin sliced and arugula
- peel and cut the potato in quarter inch slices, put in a frying pan, add olive oil and seasoning and roast until golden brown on the outside and cooked through
- Dice tomatoes into half inch cubes, heat up some olive oil in a frying pan and add raw tomatoes.
- Toss a couple of times then add olives, capers, oregano and tomato sauce.
- Top off with some white wine and let the sauce reduce for a while until it becomes a compact sauce and does not seem watery
- To taste: add salt, pepper and always a little bit of sugar when you work with tomatoes
- In a frying pan with olive oil , season the fish well with salt pepper and a dash of lemon juice and put skin side down in the hot pan until the filet is cooked half way
- Then add some thyme and finish the fish in the oven
For the plate :
- Layer up the golden brown potato slices in a circle, put the sauce on top (should be more like a jam than a sauce meaning it should stay nicely in the middle of the circle )
- Put the snapper fillet on top of the sauce an use the fennel and arugula to make a little salad to put on top of the fish – looks nice for the eye and also gives a nice fresh taste to it!
This year’s Taste of Cayman, hosted by the Cayman Islands Tourism Association, is January 26th at Camana Bay.