For the holidays, homemade presents are the way to go. And not just because I have a mortgage now.
Today’s recipe comes from Taste of Cayman Gold Fork Sponsor Flava Magazine
Peppermint Candy from Flava
You will need:
2 pounds powdered sugar
6 tbsp light corn syrup
6 tbsp water
1 tsp peppermint extract
Red food coloring
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water
- Heat over low heat (do not allow water to boil), stirring several times until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth
- Remove from heat and let stand in hot water to keep soft
- Stir in peppermint and a few drops of food coloring
- Pour into cookie sheet
- Let cool. Use pizza cutter to make pieces of candy
This post will also serve as my contribution to this month’s Baking Club (although for two months in a row I’ve totally not baked anything!) There are some drool worthy contributions this month!
Make sure to check out what my fellow baking club members whipped up for the occasion!
The Orgasmic Chef
Simply Sweet Justice
From My Sweet Heart