For the holidays, homemade presents are the way to go. And not just because I have a mortgage now.
Peppermint Candy from Flava
You will need:
2 pounds powdered sugar
6 tbsp light corn syrup
6 tbsp water
1 tsp peppermint extract
Red food coloring
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water
- Heat over low heat (do not allow water to boil), stirring several times until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth
- Remove from heat and let stand in hot water to keep soft
- Stir in peppermint and a few drops of food coloring
- Pour into cookie sheet
- Let cool. Use pizza cutter to make pieces of candy
This post will also serve as my contribution to this month’s Baking Club (although for two months in a row I’ve totally not baked anything!) There are some drool worthy contributions this month!
Make sure to check out what my fellow baking club members whipped up for the occasion!