I hope everybody in the U.S. had a very happy Thanksgiving! I may have ‘gobbled’ a few times yesterday as I sat at my desk thinking of cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, buttery rolls and a tenderly cooked roast turkey with all the trimings.
Alas! Thanksgiving isn’t recognized in the Cayman Islands so my holiday-food day dreams are set to haunt me until I get my Christmas fix. Don’t mourn me though, my dear American friends. I did have a lovely dinner last night! Remember that mango sauce from last week?
Mango Chicken by Market at the Grounds
Print this recipe
You will need:
3 chicken breasts
1 bell pepper (your favorite color!)
1/4 cup oil
1 cup all-purpose flour mixed with 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh coriander
3 – 4 tbsp coconut milk
- In mixing bowl, add chicken pieces to flour-salt mixture and coat
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and begin frying chicken
- Fry 3 – 5 minutes per side, or until light golden brown and cooked through
- Remove chicken from pan and set on paper towel or clean surface
- Wash out the frying pan and set over medium-high heat. Add mango sauce and bell pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce and simmer
- If sauce becomes too thick, add the coconut milk. Simmer for about 4 minutes or until pepper has softened slightly but still retains some crispness
- Add the fried chicken pieces, gently stirring them in to cover with sauce.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve with rice and fresh coriander