Coconut Banana Bread
I screamed like a little girl last night for the first time in my adult life.
I’d just gotten home from the gym and was shower-bound. At my most vulnerable moment – clad in naught but my long tresses – I reached up to pull back the shower curtain and guess who was 4 inches from my face.
There is no segue. I’m too traumatized.
You will need:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (that’s about 10 apple bananas or 5 regular ones)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup grated fresh coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and flour 8 x 4 x 2 inch pans (I used a bundt pan.)
- In large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth, then slowly add eggs and bananas
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients
- Add to the banana mixture
- Mix until batter is blended making sure not to over beat
- Spoon batter into prepared pans and bake 55 – 60 minutes (40 – 45 for bundt pan) or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack